These pages explain how to get various bits of hardware working, usually in conjunction with Debian.
Things I currently use:
- qusp, a Thinkpad T470s
- Φόβος (phobos), a Mini-ITX NAS/backup system
- A Raspberry Pi 3, nothing much to write about yet.
- Kiriath, a Toshiba Portégé R600 spare/hack laptop
Notes on things I no longer use:
- Desktop machines
- Compaq Evo N1015v
- Toshiba Portégé R100
- Toshiba Portégé R700-155
- Thinkpad X40
- Thinkpad X61s
- Thinkpad X201
- Thinkpad X121e
- Lenovo Thinkpad T540p (not much to say about this one; and of that, nothing positive)
- תַּרְשִׁישׁ (tharsis), a Macbook Air 11 (and later a retina MBP 13). So called because the MBA11 circa 2014 had a noticable bulge compared to the 2011 model I'd used prior.
Other bits and bobs:
Writing about hardware
- iPod refresh
- which spare laptop?
- Newcastle University Historic Computing
- back on the Linux desktop
- Coming in from the cold
- WD drive head parking update
- Western Digital Hard Drive head parking
- Blinkenlights, part 3
- Blinkenlights, part 2
- RetroPie, NES Classic and Bluetooth peripherals
- Network Attached Storage
- Gigabyte J1900N-D3V Mini-ITX mainboard
- Microsoft Windows Surface RT
- Rumours of drive death exaggerated
- Is my Hard Drive dying?
- toys for sale
- x40 suspend
- Linux in PC World
- GCSEs, second box, Fractured Universe