Also on the bug-squashing front this weekend, I've resurrected teranesia, my sparcstation 5. I plan to use it either to help squash SPARC-specific bugs, or to test the woody -> sarge upgrade-path. The latter is not entirely altruistic as this webserver will have to go through the transition at some point.
Once I'd got the box up and running (and sorted out networking) I tried to get it into shape, catch up on security updates, etc. I got a bit frustrated by the delay in connecting via ssh, so I decided to recompile the libssl package. This isn't rampant gentoo-ism, there's actually a difference with the sparc packages. Before:
jon@ice:~$ time ssh 192.168.123.194 /bin/true real 0m5.406s user 0m0.130s sys 0m0.010s
jon@ice:~$ time ssh 192.168.123.194 /bin/true real 0m2.765s user 0m0.110s sys 0m0.030s